In today’s world where parents are busy in their career trying to arrange the best of amenities for them, but the irony is that they have no time or just want to spend just quality time with them. No time to share their problems or any time to teach them even moral values. They seem to have outsourced their education to school, is the latest trend. It becomes the sole responsibility of the school. Jobs at school have become more defined and encompass large paraphernalia rather it has even become more demanding for teachers. Child’s failure at school is often credited to the teacher; maybe she is not competent enough. Every year she meets new challenges in terms of students who join the school. New strategies are made for individual students and adapted, but where did she go wrong she always wonders in her daily busy routine.
1) One very common problem that is faced by a teacher is that she often comes across new students from other schools that are admitted not apt for the class they are admitted to, they come as a blank sheet. Teaching them and pressurizing them with writing where in the child does not know how to even hold a pencil, becomes a horrendous task for the teacher.
The child is burdened and his initial experience with learning becomes horrifying which can go a long way. So choosing the right school and getting into school at right age is very important. It is very important on the part of the school authorities and as well as for the parents to make a right decision in terms of abilities of their child and to make learning a pleasant experience.
2) Parents do not monitor their child’s homework and neither insists them into self-study. They do not follow any study time at home. They do not monitor child or the tutor at home. Even if the parents are illiterate they can at least make their child sit for studies.
3) Friends and peers matter a lot. Teachers should plan a sitting arrangement and other strategies so that disciplined is maintained less of disturbance in the class.
4) Encouragement and motivation at home matters – Parents should take some time out of their busy schedule to talk to their ward about their school.
5) Defining goal is important.
6) Parents should not give or expose them to face book or other networking sights; it is a big distraction for them. Internet should be used under their supervision. They could use parental lock.
7) Parents should not easily give the things to the child ask them to earn it by getting good score in your monthly evaluation.
8) Taste of success in any area also matters, it may be sport, art or competitions really encourage them.
9) Everyday outdoor activity is important; it may be at the beginning of the day where in it can help them to channelize their energies which can result in better concentration at studies.
10) Remedial teacher should be appointed for the weaker students in the school, so that they get proper attention and efforts are put on in proper direction.